Premium | Herald-News

St. Joe’s hospital in Joliet celebrates 140 years of holistic care

The Joliet hospital was rebranded as Ascension Saint Joseph – Joliet earlier this year.

Pictured is the original Ascension Saint Joseph – Joliet hospital building as it existed in 1882.
On Sunday, May 14, 1961, Mother M. Adeline Mazure turned the first spadeful of earth for what would become the new Ascension Saint Joseph – Joliet.
Pictured is Ascension Saint Joseph - Joliet nursery in 1932. That year, 706 babies were delivered at the hospital.
Pictured is the fifth floor of Ascension Saint Joseph - Joliet, which was redesignated for surgery in 1927. The operating rooms were lit by natural light from the building's large windows.