One injured when smoke fills Dixon apartment

Dixon City Fire Department logo

DIXON – One person was sent to the hospital after smoke filled an apartment Sunday on Galena Avenue.

Dixon firefighters were dispatched about 6:30 p.m. for a general fire alarm at 215 S. Galena Ave. Crews arrived on scene and were told there was an individual inside a smoke-filled apartment, according to a news release.

Fire crews forced entry into the apartment, and the person was rescued and treated before being taken by Advance EMS to KSB Hospital. The building was ventilated, and no other residents were displaced. Crews were clear of the scene by 7:30 p.m.

The Dixon City Fire Department was assisted by the Dixon Rural Fire Department, Advance EMS and the Dixon Police Department.

Have a Question about this article?
Shaw Local News Network

Shaw Local News Network

Shaw Local News Network provides local news throughout northern Illinois