High school students will have the opportunity to participate in a new, free precollege program next month at the University of St. Francis in Joliet.
The program will include a four-session summer experience that prepares high school students with the foundation for college success, according to a news release.
The program will be administered virtually and aims to assist students in getting a head start with the college application process and overcoming difficulties while applying to college.
Participants can also earn a scholarship to USF worth up to $4,000 upon completing the program.
Scheduled program sessions will take place from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day and will include:
· “Finding the Right Fit” on Saturday, July 10
· “More than Luck - Application Process, Letters of Recommendation and Imposter Syndrome” on Saturday, July 17
· “Creating Your Path and Choosing Your Major” on Saturday, July 24
· “Creating Your Environment and Funding Your Future” on Saturday, July 31
In order to be eligible for the program, a student must plan to graduate from high school and enter college in 2022 or 2023, and have an established MyUSF account after applying.
Applications must be completed by the prospective student. Parents and guardians, agents, counselors, etc. may not complete applications on behalf of a student.
The application deadline is June 19.
Registration for the program requires two steps:
1. Apply to USF by visiting stfrancis.edu/apply and complete the online application. Students will need to provide transcripts from 9th grade to spring 2021 at the time of application.
2. Enroll in the pre-college program by accepting admission into the program at the bottom of the invitation. Once students respond “yes” to the invitation, a follow-up email with next steps will be sent to them.
For more information, or help with registering, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-735-7500.