1) The Rockin’ the Ville Concert Series at Deer Crossing Park, 1050 W. Romeo Road in Romeoville, features live music by Fool House, food and adult beverages from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday. For information, visit romeoville.org.
2) The Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre will present the Queen musical “We Will Rock You” on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at its inside theater. Showtimes are 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Lobby, concessions and cash bar open one hour before showtime. For tickets and information, visit bicentennialpark.org or call 815-724-3761.
3) Give the family a break from the heat Friday night. Come out to Family Night Hike from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hammel Woods Preserve – Route 59 Access, Shorewood. Meet at Hidden Shelter. The event is free and for ages 7 or older. Register by Thursday at reconnectwithnature.org or call 815-722-9470.
4) Take the kids to the “Zoo to You Petting Zoo” from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road in Joliet. Pet a mini donkey, a lamb and maybe even a llama. Rain or shine. Optional animal feed is $2 a cup. No registration required. For information, visit jolietlibrary.org.
5) The Croatian Cultural Club will host a Father’s Day picnic Sunday. Beef sandwiches, ćevapčići, boneless legs of lamb, chicken, Croatian potato salad and coleslaw will be available for sale from 1 to 6 p.m. Other highlights include live entertainment by Mladi Majstori from 1 to 5 p.m., a performance by Sloboda Jr. Tammies and Polka Plus from 6 to 10 p.m. and a drawing for $10,000. For information, visit croatianculturalclub.com.
• Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to the Herald-News’ community calendar at shawlocal.com/the-herald-news/local-events/#!, where they are then considered for inclusion in this feature.