1. See the stars in La Salle. The La Salle Public Library will be hosting NASA Solar System Ambassador James Joel Knapper, when he assists the public in touring the night sky during a Star Party 8 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday, June 12, at Rotary Park. Registration is required. Register at https://bit.ly/3upDRgS Call the library at 815-223-2341 for more information.
2. Take a walking quilt tour in Utica. The Utica Garden Club is hosting its Garden Faire and Plant Sale 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 12, and Sunday, June 13, at the La Salle County Historical Society Canal Market, 210 Clark St. Barn quilt tour maps will be available at the plant sale tent, as well as a walking quilt tour will be available throughout the town.
3. Catch a band at the mansion. The Steve Sharp Band will be playing acoustic guitar favorites beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, June 11, at the Hegeler Carus Mansion, 1307 Seventh St., La Salle. Admission is $5. Food and drink are allowed. Bring a lawn chair or blankets. The concert is part of the mansion’s summer series. For more information, go to www.hegelercarus.org
4. Take a dip in Ottawa. Riordan Pool opens Friday, June 11, with $1 admission. The pool will be open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday throughout the season. Daily admission is $4. For more information, go to the Riordan Pool’s Facebook page.
5. Catch a play outdoors. Outdoor performances of “Spoon River Anthology” begin 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 11, and run through Saturday, June 19, at Centennial Park in Peru. Shows will be at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $15 each and seating is general admission. Go to https://www.stage212.org/?fbclid=IwAR1LFXkbWV3kMWKbh1yNRS1BfGwoxSDkp30raFD1K2BprNnw3KzIJiXOTe8 for more information.
Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to The Times, NewsTribune or Bureau County Republican’s community calendar at starvedrockcountry.com/local-events/ where they are then considered for inclusion in this feature.