SYCAMORE - A home on Yorkshire Drive in Sycamore was damaged by fire early Thursday morning.
Officials say the fire occurred in the basement of a home in the 1300 block of Yorkshire Drive North around 4:50 a.m. Thursday, according to a news release from the Sycamore Fire Department.
When crews got to the ranch style house, they saw light smoke in the basement, the release states, and found a fire in the space between the fireplace fire box and chimney.
Crews were able to put out the fire, and limit the damage to the fireplace and chimney area. Total damages are estimated at $35,000, according to the release.
No injuries were reported.
Fire investigators said the fire appeared to be an accident.
Crews from DeKalb, Cortland, Genoa-Kingston, Hampshire, Burlington and Elburn fire departments assisted, along with Sycamore police, Nicor and ComEd.