1. Concerts on the Hill: 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Featuring the return of “Women Singing Our Stories” (hit songs by woman through the decades). Bring lawn chairs and blankets for hillside seating. Concessions and cash bar available. Free parking.
For information, visit bicentennialpark.org or call 815-724-3761.
2. Annual Moosefest: 5 to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday, Lockport Moose Lodge #1557, back lot behind the lodge (between 9th & 10th on Hamilton Street), Lockport. Live music, food, raffles.
For more information, visit lockportmoose.com.
3. Shindig Outdoor Concert: 7 p.m., Saturday, Cantigny Post 367 VFW, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Live 1960s music by Shindig. Food and drink available. Bring a lawn chair and dancing shoes.
For more information, visit shindigband.com.
4. Makers Market : noon to 6 p.m., Saturday, Nik & Ivy Brewing, 1026 S. State St. Lockport. Third annual Makers Market. More than 18 local artists and crafts people represented. Check the event discussion for more information to get updates on the artists, the specials, the food and more.
5. Irish American Society Picnic: noon to 9 p.m., Sunday, St. Joe’s Park, 700 Theodore St., Joliet. Live entertainment; multiple food trucks; kids’ activities; cool beverages. All welcome. No cover charge.
For more information, visit countywillirish.net.
• Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to the Herald-News’ community calendar at shawlocal.com/the-herald-news/local-events/#!/.