1) Try your karaoke skills this Friday and Saturday night at 9:30 p.m. at the Lockport Stagecoach, located at 1028 State St. in Lockport. The Lockport Stagecoach is a Western-style saloon and restaurant with an 1850s vibe. For more information, visit Lockport Stagecoach on Facebook or thelockportstagecoach.com.
2) The Joliet Public Library will host a “Zoo to You Petting Zoo” from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at its Black Road branch, located at 3395 Black Road in Joliet. Participants will be able to pet a miniature donkey, a lamb and maybe even a llama. The event is free. Attendees can purchase feed for the animals for $2 cash per cup. For more information, visit jolietlibrary.org.
3) On Saturday, come out to the Joliet Latino Fest, which will be held from noon to 11 p.m. in downtown Joliet the Rialto Square Theatre. The one-day, family friendly event will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and the Mexican Independence.Features include authentic food as well as music, including Latin Grammy nominated headlining artists, Alacranes Musical.
Musical has roots in Chicagoland, with original band members having lived in Joliet. Other performers include Grupo Rival, a Joliet-based Norteño group that has toured the U.S., La Obra (American/Latino fusion group, mixing salsa, merengue, reggaeton and cumbia) and local talent. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Hispanic Latino Coalition of Will County, which has awarded over $130,000 in scholarships to Hispanic students in the region. For more information, visit unidosmarketing.com.
4) Come celebrate the Channahon Potato Rock at a free event from 2 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Central Park in Channahon. The event will include famly games, Big Wheel race ($1 per race, benefits Channahon and Minooka backpack programs and the park district’s George McCoy Financial Assistance Program), children’s entertainment, food trucks, car show from 4 to 8 p.m. and live music by Brass from the Past from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. For more information, visit channahonpark.org/special-events.
5) For some family fun this Sunday, come out to the Joliet Airport Festival from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Joliet Regional Airport, located at 4000 W. Jefferson St. in Joliet. Admission and parking is free. Features include a pancake breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. ($7 for adults, $4 for kid age 12 and under), classic car show ($10 entry fee), airplane and helicopter rides ($35 per person), aircraft flying and on the ground, bounce house and pedal plans for kids, food vendors. No pets except for service animals. No smoking on the ramp or near aircraft or displays. For more information, visit the Joliet Regional Airport on Facebook or jolietpark.org/joliet-regional-airport.
Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to The Herald-News’ community calendar at shawlocal.com/the-herald-news/local-events where they are then considered for inclusion in this feature.