1) Come out to Moe Joe’s from 7 to 10 p.m. on Thursday and enjoy live music, comedy and Cajun and Carribean Cuisine. Proceeds benefit a 13-year-old who was severely injured in an ATV accident in May.
The cost is $35. Buy tickets on Eventbrite.com. Moe Joe’s is located at 24033 Lockport St. in Plainfield.
2) Cadillac Groove, a local band known for its brand of Southern rock, blues, funk, soul and rhythm and blues, will play at Preservation Park in Joliet at 6:30 p.m. Friday night.
Preservation Park is located at 710 Taylor St. in Joliet. For more information about Cadillac Groove, visit cadillacgroove.com.
3) Entertain others at 7 p.m. Saturday at the The Strange & Unusual Acoustic Open Mic event - or come out to enjoy local musical talent, all for free. Water is provided or bring your own favorite beverage.
Fifteen minute slots are available at a first come, first serve basis. The gallery is located at 34 W. Clinton St. in Joliet. For more information, visit strangeandunusual.hopestreetwoodworks.com.
4) On Sunday, browse through fresh vegetables, fruits, flowers, and handmade crafts from local vendors at the Plainfield Farmer’s Market. The market is located in the parking of the Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S Illinois St. in Plainfield.
The market is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, visit Plainfield Farmers Market on Facebook.
5) Treat your father or father figure to a special Father’s Day Picnic this Sunday at the Croatian Cultural Club starting at noon. A variety of food, including lamb (boneless legs sold by the pound), chicken (half or whole), ćevapčići, beef sandwiches, hot dogs, cole slaw and and Croatian potato salad, will be available for sale.
Sinovi Band will play from 1 to 5 p.m. under the pavillion. The Croatian Cultural Club is located at 1503 N. Clement St. in Joliet. For more information, visit croatianculturalclub.com.