LA GRANGE – The Board of Commissioners of the Park District of La Grange seeks to fill two vacancies on the board, open because of two current commissioners resigning their seats.
Both of the appointees to the open seats on the Board of Commissioners would need to stand for re-election in April 2023, a news release stated.
Interested people must live within the boundaries of the taxing district for the Park District of La Grange. Candidates should submit a resume and memo indicating the reasons they would like to serve on the board to Jenny Bechtold, executive director. Candidates may submit their applications from now through 5 p.m. Sept. 7, 2021, via email, in person or by mail at 536 East Ave., La Grange, Ill. 60525. Inquiries regarding the commissioner vacancies should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic expectations of commissioners
• Attend board meetings, committee meetings and functions/special events. Commissioners must commit to attending monthly board meetings, currently held at 7 p.m. the second Monday of the month at the Park District of La Grange Recreation Center, 536 East Ave., La Grange.
• Understand the Park District of La Grange’s mission, services, policies and programs.
• Review agenda and supporting board packet materials before board meetings.
• Abide by the policies of the Park District of La Grange and federal and state statutes governing the operations of the park district.
• Assist the board in performing its fiduciary duties.
Commissioners serve in a volunteer capacity and without monetary compensation.
The Park Board stated it seeks the best-qualified candidates for commissioners, and provides equal opportunity in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital, civil union or family status, physical or mental handicap, pregnancy or unfavorable discharge from the military service.