Prairie State Legal Services will close its offices until further notice to ensure that clients, staff and organizations stay safe and healthy in the wake of developing news of the spread of COVID-19 virus.
Staff will continue to work remotely to serve clients.
Effective immediately, Prairie State Legal Services will take the following precautions:
• Closure of its 12 regional offices.
• Suspension of all in-person outreach, including on-site clinics and intake.
• Suspension of all nursing home visits.
• Use of phone or video conference to conduct all client interviews and appointments.
If you are a current client, contact your attorney or your local office. To find your local office, visit pslegal.org/offices.
If you are not a current client and seek legal aid, fill out an online application at www.pslegal.org/psls-apply-online.asp
Additional contact information is listed below:
• Legal Help for Homeowners Project (Foreclosure): 888-966-7757
• Older Adult Help Line (Seniors 60 years and older): 888-965-7757
• Low Income Tax Clinic: 855-TAX-PSLS (855-829-7757)
Because this is a rapidly changing situation, Prairie State Legal Services will continue to provide the public with guidance and updates as to how COVID-19 affects its clients, staff and organization.
For updates, visit pslegal.org/psls-events-news.asp.