1) Prairie Bluff Public Golf Club is hosting Music on the Patio from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday through Aug. 26 at 19433 Renwick Road in Crest Hill. Featured entertainer for Thursday is Mary Pfeifer and her “Simply Patsy” show, a tribute to Patsy Cline.
2) The Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Food Truck Fridays will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Hickory Creek Preserve-LaPorte Road Access in Mokena. Featured trucks are Smokin’ Z BBQ and TCBY. Come out and enjoy good food and natural terrain.
For more information, call 815-727-8700 or visit reconnectwithnature.org.
3) Start your Saturday by getting back to nature with bird viewings at 9 a.m. at Lake Renwick Preserve - Heron Rookery Nature Preserve, located at 23202 W Renwick Road in Plainfield. Bring binoculars or spotting scope to see nesting herons, egrets, cormorants and maybe even a bald eagle.
The event is free and suitable for all ages. Registration is not required. For more information, visit reconnectwithnature.org.
4) Explore a display of one-room country schools at the Manhattan Township Historical Society Museum from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The exhibit covers the years from 1852 to 1951.
If you can’t make Saturday, come out to Manhattan’s Cruise Night from 6 to 8:30 p.m. June 14 from 6-8:30 pm. The event is free. The museum will follow current CDC protocols. The museum located at 255 S. State St. in Manhattan.
5) On Sunday, the Joliet Latino Economic Development Association will be hosting the Joliet Community Market from noon to 5 p.m. at 102 N. Chicago St. in downtown Joliet. Features include local food, vendors, art and music.