The Land Conservancy of McHenry County is hosting a series of free Wednesday Walks at its McHenry County sites in May and June, according to a news release.
The walks are open to anyone who would like to get outside to enjoy some exercise and company on local trails. They run noon to 1 p.m. each date there is a walk.
Registration is required and available at ConserveMC.org. Registration closes one day before each walk, and each event is limited to 20 participants.
Those who attend eight of the nine walks will receive a Land Conservancy of McHenry County T-shirt and a free six-month gift membership.
The walks will be:
- May 5: Wolf Oak Woods, located near 9100 Route 120, Woodstock;
- May 12: Donato Conservation Area, located near 700 Ridgeland Ave., Woodstock, at the intersection of Gerry Street and Ridgeland Avenue;
- May 19: Ryder’s Woods, 750 Kimball Ave., Woodstock;
- May 26: Trout Valley Fen, parking available at the Trout Valley Barn, 167 Country Commons Road, Trout Valley;
- June 2: Boloria Meadows, parking available near 7219 Millburne Court, Bull Valley;
- June 9: Yonder Prairie, 1100 S. RoseFarm Road, Woodstock;
- June 16: Westwood Conservation Area, near 1599 Hillside Trail, Woodstock;
- June 23: Hennen Conservation Area, 4622 Dean St, Woodstock;
- June 30: Gateway Nature Park, located at the intersection of Route 23 and Heritage Lane, Harvard;
The Land Conservancy of McHenry County is a member-based private nonprofit dedicated to preserving natural, scenic and agricultural land.