With McHenry County under an ice storm warning from 6 a.m. Wednesday through Thursday morning, a number of area schools have been cancelled.
- Harrison School District 36
- Harvard School District 50
- Johnsburg School District 12
- Nippersink School District 2
- Richmond-Burton Community High School District 157
- Woodstock School District 200
McHenry County College in Crystal Lake also canceled all classes and activities after 1 p.m. including online classes and Shah Center programming. Operations will resume Thursday.
While Algonquin-based Community School District 300 continued school as normal, it canceled all extracurricular activities, including fine arts activities, i-Learn and ALOP, as well as all after-school child care programs, including those offered by the Boys and Girls Club and park district.
The exceptions are the Dundee-Crown High School boys varsity basketball regional game against Streamwood and the girls wrestling practice, the Hampshire High School boys varsity basketball regional game against St. Charles North, and Jacobs High School boys varsity basketball practice for regionals and boys swimming practice for state.
Huntley School District 158 also canceled after-school athletics and activities.
McHenry School District 15 canceled after-school activities, but the YMCA after-school program will continue as normal.
Cary School District 26 canceled all after-school and evening activities except for Extended Time, which will still be provided.
Other cancellations and closures include:
- Community Church of Richmond has canceled its Ash Wednesday services. It plans to incorporate some of these beginning of Lenten rituals into its Sunday service and begin its soup suppers next week.
- Johnsburg Public Library
- Nippersink Public Library
- Woodstock Public Library