Installing new flooring can be a terrific way to update your home. There is a wide variety of options to select from, and there is something for everyone. While wood and ceramic are popular flooring choices, Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) or Plank (LVP) options offer budget-friendly ways to get the look you want at a price you can afford. Here are 5 things to know about Luxury Vinyl Flooring:
1. Rigid core vinyl flooring is made of SPC, also known as stone plastic composite or stone polymer composite. “It’s made with a mixture of limestone and plastic with an SPC core, making it extremely durable,” explained Steve Meyer, owner of Steve’s Flooring & Design in Morris. “The rigid core also comes with an underlayment, which is the lowest layer that attaches to the subfloor and provides both sound muffling and cushioning for comfort.” Comfort-vinyl flooring provides underfoot comfort for extended periods of time.
2. Luxury Vinyl Flooring is an attractive option for high-traffic areas, especially in households with children and pets. “Vinyl flooring is waterproof, so it’s perfect in rooms where you may have spills or leaks,” added Meyer. “Kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements are great locations for Luxury Vinyl Flooring.”
3. A large variety of patterns is available. “The decorative options are nearly endless,” said Meyer. “The visual patterns are very realistic, whether you prefer the look of natural wood, marble, stone, or tile. Luxury Vinyl Flooring mimics porcelain and wood flooring quite well.”
4. Maintenance is minimal. Just sweep the floor and clean with a pH-neutral, fragrance-free vinyl cleaner. In doorways, use non-rubber mats to prevent discoloration of the flooring.
5. “Vinyl comes in three different installation formats, and all three offer very quiet installation,” said Meyer. “Click and lock, peel and stick, and glue down options are available.”
For more information, please contact:
Steve’s Flooring & Design
717 Liberty St.
Morris, IL 60450