The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has launched America Works ‘Operation: Warp Speed for Jobs’ to address today which is a new initiative to address the worker shortage employers across the country are facing.
We need to ensure America experiences a great economic resurgence. This matters as we are coming out of the pandemic because we are hearing from business owners all across the country who said, instead of opening up, they are scaling back their operations or can’t grow because they can’t find enough employees. This worker shortage is holding back the economic recovery.
- There are now half as many available workers for every open job across the country (1.4 available workers per opening) as there have been on average over the past 20 years.
- In several states and industries – especially hard-hit sectors like education and health services as well as professional business services-there are currently fewer job seekers than the total number of jobs open.
- 91% of state and local chambers say worker shortages are holding back their economies. 83% oof industry association economists say emplyers in their sectors are finding it more difficult to fill jobs than they were five years ago. At the Oswego Chamber we have been hearing from the trades industries how difficult it is to find workers in the trades for several years.
Here are things you can do:
- Tell Congress to pass the American Works Agenda
- Tell your governor to invest in job training and childcare
Visit the America Works homepage
Here at the Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce, we will post for our members job opportunities for FREE on our website and Facebook pages. We will also be offering a Blue Collar Scholarship program in Spring 2022 for students going into the trades. Watch your Chamber emails this fall/winter for more details on how your business can participate.
Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce : 73 W Van Buren Street : Oswego, IL 60543 : 630.554.3505 http://www.oswegochamber.org/