MANLIUS — Bureau Valley School District #340 staff has been honored by Walnut Chamber of Commerce as their “Making a Difference Winner” for 2021 for the excellent work of the BV staff this past school year.
The Chamber of Commerce expressed its thanks to everyone, “from the teachers to lunch workers to janitors - everyone stepped up to make a difference during an extremely tough year.”
In other board news, Superintendent Jason Stabler reported that the 2021-22 Return to Learn Plan had been distributed to parents last week. Julie Platz, Bureau Valley Junior High Principal, said that she had received good feedback from her staff regarding the proposed plan.
Stabler said masks will be strongly recommended indoors for unvaccinated individuals, but will be required on buses for everyone. He is working on the mitigation details, but the plan could change if positive cases increase, and the district may have to pivot with little notice.
In board action, the following was approved:
● Special Meeting Minutes of June 18, 2021
● Regular Meeting Minutes of June 21, 2021
● Activity Account Reports
● Monthly Financial and Treasurer’s Reports
● Bureau Valley #340 Bills and Payroll
● Approved Milk Bid of Prairie Farms Dairy
● Approved Bread Bid of Bimbo Bakeries
● Approved Fuel Bid of AgView FS
● Approved Return To Learn Plan for 21-22
● Executive session minutes of June 21, 2021
● Transfer of Caseelynn Johnston from BVHS Freshman Class Sponsor to Junior Class
Sponsor and Science Club Sponsor
● Employment of Savannah Wall as BVHS Sophomore Class Sponsor
● Employment of Niki Hartz and Nancy Bucalo as BV JH Student Council Co-Sponsors
● Employment of Stephanie Christen as BVHS Freshman Class Sponsor
● Employment of Cidney Whittaker as JH Cheerleading Coach
● Approve Maternity Leave Request of Sarah Clark
● Approved the following Volunteer Coaches: Matt Philhower - JH Baseball; Chris
Lindsey and Matt Morman - BVHS Football; Jeremy House and April Roth - BVHS
● Approved Employment Contracts for Kristie Cady, Julie Decker-Platz, and Duane Price
The Board announced the following resignations received since the June 21st board meeting:
Janet Lund as BVHS Teacher and Jenna Hambly as BVWE 1st Grade Teacher.
The next regular meeting of the Bureau Valley District #340 Board of Education will be at 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 23.