1) The annual Frankfort Fall festival will be held Thursday through Monday in downtown Frankfort. Features include a carnival, entertainment, arts and crafts show, food and beverages for purchase and a parade (Sunday). For specific hours of specific attractions and more information, visit frankfortchamber.com.
2) The Will County Heritage Village Open Air Museum will be open to the public from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at 249 West 2nd St. in Lockport. Explore original 19th century buildings that have been furnished to the time period they represent. All of buildings were saved from demolition from different towns around Will County. For more information, visit willhistory.org.
3) Mad Hatchet Brewing will host a Labor Day party on Saturday at 913 Brookforest Ave. in Shorewood. Features include food by Smokin’ Goodness BBQ from 4 to 9 p.m. and music by Cosmic Pranksters from 6 to 9 p.m. For more information, visit madhatchetbrewing.com.
4) Ridgewood Baptist Church will host a free Family Fall Festival at 1968 Hillcrest Road in Joliet. Features include a food truck, inflatables and games. For more information, visit ridgewoodbaptist.org/calendar.
5) The Crest Hill Lions Club will host Lions Luau from noon to 10 p.m. Sunday at St. Joe’s Park in Joliet. Features include a car show from noon to 4 p.m. (registration begins at 10 a.m.), BINGO in an air-conditioned hall (noon to 7 p.m.), kids activities (noon to 4 p.m.) a craft and vendor fair with more than 25 confirmed vendors (noon to 5 p.m.), plenty of raffle items, food and drink, and music by The Sumthins in the afternoon and The Baked Potatoes in the evening. For more information, visit https://e-clubhouse.org/sites/crest_hill.
Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to The Herald-News’ community calendar at shawlocal.com/the-herald-news/local-events where they are then considered for inclusion in this feature.