The Lake in the Hills Police Department joined forces with other law enforcement agencies and highway safety partners throughout the state for the Illinois Labor Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over/Drive High, Get a DUI” enforcement campaign.
During the campaign, 46 total citations were issued. Of those, 24 seatbelt citations, eight speeding tickets and sever electronic communication device citations were written. Other citations and arrests included
- two expired registration citations
- two no insurance citations
- one improper U-turn citation
- one suspended registration citation
- one arrest for driving with a suspended license
The Labor Day enforcement campaign was made possible by federal highway safety funds distributed by the Illinois Department of Transportation.