1. Enjoy the outdoors during Winter Wonderland with Outdoor Adventures – noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at Outdoor Recreation Sports Complex, 1555 Recreation Drive in DeKalb
Join Northern Illinois University’s Outdoor Adventures and for ice skating and other winter activities. Stay and enjoy hot chocolate and other light refreshments.
2. Have fun with the whole family at the Sycamore Park District Winter Family Play Day – noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at Legacy Campus, 480 S. Airport Road in Sycamore.
There will be sled dog demonstrations at 12:15 p.m., 1:15 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. Experience the excitement of sled dog racing demonstrations hourly by the Free Spirit Siberian Rescue Sled Demo team. Afterward, visit with your favorite Husky Dog and get a photo opp.
There will also be a winter scavenger hunt challenge and fun winter activities with MetroNet.
For information, call 815-895-3365 or visit sycparks.org.
3. Catch “Satisfaction/The International Rolling Stones Show” – 4 p.m. Sunday at the Egyptian Theatre, 135 N. Second St. in DeKalb.
This Billboard highly rated show is entering its 20th year in production with more than 4,000 performances listed to their credit. Performing up to 150 shows a year, this highly acclaimed production showcases the most authentic cast and costuming of its kind. The likes of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and cast bring a colorful performance to more than 50 years of classic hits.
Ticket prices start at $15. For tickets or information, visit egyptiantheatre.org.
4. Eat out and support local during Sycamore’s Eat Week – Jan. 24 through Jan. 31 at participating Sycamore restaurants.
Sycamore restaurants will offer discounts and meal deals during Sycamore’s Eat Week, hosted by the Sycamore Chamber of Commerce. No coupons or tickets are necessary.
For a listing of participating restaurants, visit discoversycamore.com.
5. Enjoy painting under black light during Open Glow Paint – 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 26 at Bleu Palette Art Studio, 423 Main St. in Sycamore
Create with paint that glows in the dark. This event is for ages 10 and older. Masks must be worn in the studio, with BYOB welcome at your table.
Tickets cost $40 and can be purchased online at bleupalette.com.
Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to the Daily Chronicle’s community calendar at https://www.shawlocal.com/daily-chronicle/local-events/ where they are then considered for inclusion in this feature. Submissions to the community calendar are also printed in the Thursday edition of the Daily Chronicle.