DIXON – Looking for a night out with your special someone on Valentine’s Day? Looking to celebrate your single status with friends?
This weekend’s Second Saturdays features live music and art showings perfect for both crowds.
• The photography of Shanna Diephuis will be on display from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Dixon Main Street gallery, 115 S. Hennepin Ave. The space also will serve as an information center for Second Saturdays.
• Hitz City will play from 7 to 9 p.m. at Books on First, 202 W. First St.
• House Wine will play from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Next Picture Show, 113 W. First St. Work from The Regional Art Show 11 also will be on display.
• Music by Ghost Code and a BYOB Valentine’s Day dinner by Coty McGinn is set from 5 to 9 p.m. at Ginkgo Tree Café, 216 W. First St.
• A special showcase of antebellum-era antiques, hot cocoa, and cookies will be available from 6 to 8 p.m. at Waterfront Gifts and Antiques, 212 W. First St.
• Art glass from Eastern Europe, designer jewelry and purses will be on display from 6 to 8 p.m. at Trein’s Jewelry, 201 W. First St. Wine and chocolate will be sold.
• The photography of Brian Lutz will be on display at The Crystal Cork Wine Shoppe, 219 W. First St., from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Registration begins at 7 p.m. for an open mic jam, with music beginning at 8, at Rosbrook Studio, 107 S. Peoria Ave. The event has a suggested donation of $3.
• Rounding out the night, The Beaux will play from 8:30 p.m. to midnight at Val’s Place, 316 W. First St.
Go to facebook.com/Second.Saturdays.Art.Happenings and facebook.com/dixonmainstreet for more information.