Local News

Johnsburg fire injures one, appears to be accidental in nature

A Johnsburg homeowner was injured Friday during an early-morning fire that caused $15,000 in damage to the home, the McHenry Township Fire Protection District said.

Crews responded at 3:14 a.m. to the 1800 block of Lakeview Avenue in Johnsburg for a report of a structure fire, according to a news release. Upon arrival, they found a fire in an upstairs bathroom that had extended into the attic space.

The owner was home at the time of the fire and suffered “minor burns,” according to the release. That person, whose age and gender were not available, was treated and released at the scene.

Crews attacked the fire from the interior of the home while conducting a search for anyone possibly still inside, according to the release. The fire was “quickly brought under control within 10 minutes,” the fire district said.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental, according to the release.

The fire district responded with three engines and one ambulance. Mutual aid was provided by the Fox Lake and Spring Grove fire protection districts.