There were 47 new cases of COVID-19 among La Salle County residents Sunday and 31 individuals removed from isolation.
There have been 9,066 confirmed and probable cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and of those cases, 6,103 individuals have been removed from isolation.
Of 956 La Salle County residents tested Thursday, the latest data available from the Illinois Department of Public Health, 9% tested positive for the virus. From Jan. 1-7, 7% of county residents tested were positive for the virus.
The IDPH’s ZIP code data (which sometimes lags behind county numbers), with increases since Saturday’s report, show:
- Streator, which also is in Livingston County, up 10 to 1,423.
- Sandwich, which also is in DeKalb County, up nine to 959.
- Troy Grove up nine to 22.
- Sheridan up eight to 526 with 71 active cases at Sheridan Correctional Center, 318 since start of the pandemic.
- Mendota up seven to 974.
- Ottawa up five to 1,757.
- Marseilles up five to 615.
- La Salle up four to 891.
- Seneca up three to 240.
- Earlville up three to 192.
- Peru up two to 1,013.
- Serena up two to 46.
- Somonauk, which also is in DeKalb County, up one to 286.
- Wenona, which is mostly in Marshall County, up one to 82.
- Grand Ridge up one to 70.
- Oglesby remains at 394.
- Utica remains at 150.
- Leland remains at 139.
- Tonica remains at 74.
- Lostant remains at 54.
- Millington, which also is in Kendall County, remains at 42.
- Ransom remains at 30.
- Rutland remains at 19.
- Dana remains at 18.
A woman in her 90s, two women in their 70s, two men in their 70s, two women in their 60s, four men in their 60s, five women in their 50s, a man in his 50s, two women in their 40s, two men in their 40s, six women in their 30s, seven men in their 30s, four women in their 20s, five men in their 20s, a teenage girl and three teenage boys make up the new cases.