In observance of the recent COVID-19 Tier 3 resurgence mitigations for Illinois, the DeKalb County Community Foundation is taking the following precautions to ensure the health and safety of its employees and constituents:
• The Foundation office will be closed to the public Nov. 20 - Dec. 25.
• Staff are working remotely during regular office hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Staff are available by phone and email. Please note that the phone system is tied to email. Feel free to leave a voicemail for any staff person by calling 815-748-5383. They will receive notification of your message and will respond in a timely manner.
• Staff are available to meet by appointment.
• The Foundation office will temporarily reopen to the public Dec. 28-31.
• We have postponed taking Freight Room event reservations indefinitely.
• Meeting schedules and the reopening of the office after Dec. 31 will be assessed on a rolling basis.
• Updates will be provided on the website www.dekalbccf.org.
Lastly, the short-and long-term effects of COVID-19 are significant on the DeKalb County community – particularly for its most vulnerable residents and area nonprofit organizations. Therefore, please continue to give generously to local nonprofits so that they have the resources necessary to respond or consider making a donation to the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund.
"Whatever season of giving you find yourself in, rest assured knowing that every donation entrusted to us is put to work in fulfilling the mission to enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County," Foundation staff said in a news release. "Your gift is greatly appreciated. Thank you!"
Here are some ways to give this year:
• In person or by mail (Cash or check)
• Online (Credit card or debit card)
• Gift of Grain
• Appreciated stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
• IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
• Life insurance policy
• Estate planning