As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
Twenty-five new COVID-19 cases were confirmed Friday in La Salle County.
The cases involve a teenage girl, nine men in their 20s, two women in their 20s, a woman in her 30s, three men in their 40s, a woman in her 40s, two men in their 50s, four women in their 50s, a man in his 80s and a woman in her 90s.
With the new cases, there are 396 active cases in La Salle County. There have been 697 confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic.
Of those cases, 277 have been released from isolation and 24 have died from complications related to COVID-19.
It also was determined Friday a previous case reported as a La Salle County resident was found to reside outside the county and they have been taken off the case count.
There have been 15,773 tests taken among La Salle County residents, and about 4.4% of them have returned positive.
Since Thursday's report, the Illinois Department of Public Health's ZIP code data has been updated as follows (these numbers may be reported with a lag):
• La Salle had four more confirmed cases, increasing its total to 54 cases out of 1,738 tests.
• Ottawa had three more confirmed cases, increasing its total to 87 cases out of 3,697 tests.
• Mendota had two more confirmed cases, increasing its total to 155 cases out of 1,194 tests.
• Peru had two more confirmed cases, increasing its total to 47 cases out of 1,228 tests.
• Streator had an additional case, increasing its total to 85 cases out of 2,465 tests.
• Oglesby had an additional case, increasing its total to 30 cases out of 475 tests.
• Somonauk had an additional case, increasing its total to 22 cases out of 604 tests.
• Marseilles remains at 56 cases out of 1,285 tests.
• Sheridan remains at 33 cases out of 455 tests.
• Earlville remains at 18 cases out of 342 tests.
• Seneca remains at 14 cases out of 274 tests.
• Grand Ridge remains at 13 cases out of 165 tests.
• Leland remains at 10 cases out of 227 tests.
• Utica remains at 6 cases out of 188 tests.
No other ZIP code areas within La Salle County have reported six or more confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic.