• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector's medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also Sept. 30; and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and Sept. 30, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Sept. 30, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Homeschool Parent's Night Out – 7 to 8 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Beverages and light snacks provided. Call 815-467-1600 or visit trpld.org.
• Trivia Night at Doc's Smokehouse! – 7 to 9 p.m., Doc's Smokehouse, 19081 Old Lagrange Rd #105, Mokena. Come alone or as a team. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.org.
• 70th Grundy County Corn Festival – Through Sept. 29, downtown Morris and other areas in town. Visit cornfestival.org
• The Ghosts of F. S. Allen – 6 p.m., Jacob Henry Mansion Estate, Gathering Room, 15 S. Richards St., Joliet. Former Herald-News correspondent Mary Ellen Aschenbrenner relives her encounter with the ghost of famed architect F. S. Allen. $30. Cash bar. Delectable Edibles. Call 708-436-3354.
• Pee-Wee Picassos registration deadline – 10:15 to 11 a.mm., Wednesdays, Oct. 2 through Oct. 23, Program Center, 10925 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Paper projects, cutting, gluing, paints. Ages 2 to 3. Call 708- 390-2401 or register at mokenapark.com.
• "Senior Social Hour" – 11 a.m. to noon, White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Coffee, games, information about upcoming library programs. Call 815-552-4260 or visit whiteoaklibrary.org
• DIY Wood Sign Workshop – 6 to 8 p.m., River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W. Eames St., Channahon. Tickets at creativeexpressionsgalena.com.
• "Finding Your Way: Wolf Scout Badge" registration deadline – Event is 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sept. 28, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Learn how to read a map and use a compass, and then take a hike to test those skills. This program fulfills the requirements for the Wolf Scout "Finding Your Way" Badge. Ages 7 to 8. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• Fall Book Sale – Noon to 5 p.m.; also 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sept. 28, Mokena Public Library at 11327 W 195th St., Mokena, Books, puzzles, games, DVDs CDs. Call 708 479-9663 or visit Friends of Library at mokenalibrary.org.
• Galactic Glow Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games begin 6:30 p.m. Lockport Moose, 118th E. 10th St., Lockport. $30. 21 and up. Benefits scholarships and mini grants for Lockport Township High School students and staff. For tickets, visit bit.ly/LTHSFoundationGlowBingo or email Foundation@lths.org or call 815-588-8121.
• Movie Night at ROXY – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Movie at 6:30 p.m.,1017 S. State St., Lockport. Feature: "Some Like it Hot." $5. Popcorn and cash bar available. Benefits people with developmental disabilities and mental illness who are supported by Trinity Services.
• "Apartment 3A" by Jeff Daniels – 7:30 p.m.; also Sept. 21, Sept. 27 and Sept. 28; also 2 p.m., Sept. 22 and Sept. 29, Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theater, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. A mysterious neighbor teaches grieving Annie Wilson what it truly means to be in love forever. Tickets atlat41.org/tickets.
• Men Are From Mars – Women Are From Venus LIVE!" – 8 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. One-man fusion of theatre and stand-up based on best-selling book by John Gray. For tickets and information, visit RialtoSquare.com or call 815-726-6600.
• National Public Lands Day – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, River Road Seedbeds, Wilmington. Five morning volunteer restoration activities. Register at email@example.com. Visit fs.usda.gov/midewin.
• 27th Annual Pumpkin Fest – Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 31, Siegel's Cottonwood Farm, Lockport. Visit OurPumpkinFarm.com.
• Sensory Art Program – 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Ages 3 to 9 with caregiver. Register at 708-479-9663 or or mokenalibrary.org.
• PureFest – Doors open at noon. Event begins 1 p.m.,Cross Point Church, Lockport. Christian performers of improv, sketch comedy, drama ministry. $10 donation. No one turned away. Visit PureFest.org.
• Bike Share Site Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony – 1 p.m. One-hour, guided interpretive fall colors hike at 1:30 p.m., Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Iron Bridge Trailhead, Wilmington. First 50 guests receive free commemorative T-shirt. All will receive a souvenir pin and a coupon to try out the bike share program. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bolingbrook Park District's Fall Fest – 3 to 7 p.m., Bolingbrook Recreation & Aquatic Complex, 200 S. Lindsey Lane, Bolingbrook. Fireworks, live music, food, games and activities. family friendly. Free. Visit bolingbrookparks.org or call 630-739-0272.
• Octoberfest – 4 to 11:30 p.m., Cene's Four Seasons Park, 25520 West Seil Road, Shorewood. Traditional German fare, polka music, Masskrugstemmen contests. Over 21 after 8 p.m. Entertainment by Ed Wagner's Brass Band and The Lounge Puppets.