DIXON – The Home of Hope Cancer Wellness Center at 1637 Plock Drive has scheduled Living Mindfully among a host of other activities in October.
An introductory meeting for the Living Mindfully sessions will be 3:30 p.m. Monday to determine the rest of the October schedule. The series of programs will include breathing techniques, yoga, stretching, mindful eating, writing, listening and meditation. RSVP at 815-288-4673.
Other events on the schedule:
• Pumpkin decorating will be each weekday from Oct. 1 to 22. Voting on the favorites will be Oct. 27. A gift card goes to the winner.
• Fall blood drive, 1 to 6 p.m. Oct. 13.
• Intern Emily Huber will cover the basics of Reiki at 2 p.m. Oct. 19.
• Yoga, 5 p.m., first and second Tuesday.
• Facing the Challenge support groups will meet 5:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays.