Byron woman’s death ruled an accidental electrocution: deputy coroner

The 34-year-old mother of five was helping her neighbors after a downed power line electrified their house and caused a fire that displaced them, a witness said.

Oregon firefighters stand by the charred remains of a home in Byron after several area fire departments battled the fire at 115 W. Third Street Saturday morning. One woman was declared dead after being found outside the home after a power line fell on the house causing to become "electrified," a fire official said.

Earleen Hinton

Earleen oversees production and content of 9 community weeklies and has worked for Shaw Newspapers since 1985.