The Fieldcrest Knights defeated LeRoy, 8-5, in an HOIC softball game Monday in Minook.
Ashlynn May and Bella Fortner each had two hits for the Knights, and Allie Wiesenhofer drove in two runs.
The Knights scored four runs in the bottom of the first inning. LeRoy matched that four in the third and took a 5-4 lead in the fourth.
Fieldcrest answered with one run in the home half of the fourth and three more in the sixth to go up 8-5.
Rockford Lutheran 7, Mendota 4: The Crusaders scored six runs in the bottom of the third inning and turned it into a rain-shortened, 7-4 win over the Trojans in five inningts at Neal Bertram Field in Rockford on Monday afternoon.
The Trojans (0-3) had only two hits, singles by starting and losing pitcher Ted Landgraf and Connor Engel.
The win was the first of the season for Rockford Lutheran (1-3).
Here’s a look at some area cancellations made and rescheduled games from Monday night.
* Princeton High School postponed baseball and softball games at Kewanee from Monday to the same times Friday.
* The Princeton at L-P girls soccer game and boys tennis meet vs. Geneseo were canceled with no makeup dates set.
* The Bureau Valley-Hall softball and JV baseball games were rescheduled for Tuesday.
* The St. Bede-Newman baseball and softball games were canceled and rescheduled as part of a doubleheader on Thursday with varsity at home and JV away.
* The St. Bede-Pontiac boys tennis meet also was canceled.
Hole in one at Spring Creek
Mark Lucas of Peru celebrated May Day with a hole-in-one at Spring Creek Golf Course.
Lucas aced the 185-yard, No. 13 hole Saturday using a 2-iron.
It was witnessed by Bryan Galetti, Frank Cattani and Tim Delaney.
Lucas is the third club member within the past four weeks with a hole-in-one.