A La Salle County woman in her 90s died from complications related to COVID-19 – the 235th COVID-19-related death countywide since the beginning of the pandemic.
There were 36 new cases announced Sunday, and 18 more people were removed from isolation. In total, there have been 8,608 COVID-19 confirmed and probable cases and 5,694 of those individuals have been removed from isolation.
Of 883 La Salle County residents tested Thursday, 6.5% of them were positive for the virus. From Dec. 25 to 31, 7.1% of tests were returned positive for the virus, a slight increase from the seven-day positivity rate two days ago of 5.5%.
The IDPH’s ZIP code data report (which sometimes lags behind county numbers), with increases since Saturday, shows:
- Streator, which also is in Livingston County, up 14 to 1,296
- Sandwich, which also is in DeKalb County, up nine to 879
- Peru up eight to 1,001
- Marseilles up seven to 579
- Ottawa up four to 1,711
- Tonica up three to 73
- La Salle up two to 858
- Somonauk, which also is in DeKalb County, up two to 245
- Mendota up one to 936
- Oglesby up one to 385
- Leland up one to 123
- Utica had one removed to 140
- Millington, which also is in Kendall County, had one removed to 41
- Sheridan remains at 448, includes 91 active and 290 total cases at Sheridan Correctional Center
- Seneca remains at 216
- Earlville remains at 178
- Wenona, which also is in Marshall County, remains at 7
- Grand Ridge remains at 66
- Lostant remains at 50
- Serena remains at 42
- Ransom remains at 27
- Cedar Point remains at 20
- Rutland remains at 19
- Dana remains at 15
- Troy Grove remains at 13
A boy younger than 13, two girls younger than 13, two teenage boys, four teenage girls, four women in their 20s, a man in his 30s, three men in their 40s, three women in their 40s, two men in their 50s, five women in their 50s, two men in their 60s, three women in their 60s, two women in their 70s, a man in his 80s and a woman in her 80s make up the new cases.