MORRIS – The Grundy County Land Use Department will be hosting shredding and e-waste collection events during the month of September.
The land use department will host its fall shredding event from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 15.
The event will take place at Grundy County Animal Control in the north parking lot at 310 E. DuPont Road in Morris to accommodate traffic.
The department asks that residents do the following before bringing their shredding materials:
• Limit the amount to two standard paper ream boxes so more may participate.
• Remove plastic, metal or steel clips.
Attendees should remain in their car. Land use department staff will get the boxes from attendees’ vehicles.
The process that takes place at the shredding event the day of the event is the following:
• Paper is dumped into a shredding device that is part of a box truck.
• Documents are shredded on site by a shredder located inside the box truck.
• Shredded paper is weighed and then recycled.
Those with questions may call the office at 815-941-3228 or 815-941-3229.
The Grundy County Land Use Department will host an electronic e-waste event from 8 a.m. until noon Sept. 18 at the Animal Control facility in the north parking lot off of Lynn Road. The Animal Control facility is located at 310 E. DuPont Road in Morris.
Fees will be applied for all TVs:
• $25/TV less than 21 inches in diagonal length
• $35/TV greater than 21 inches in diagonal length
• $50/projection-size TV
Other electronics will be accepted for free at the event, including general electronics such as laptops, printers, fax machines, scanners, MP3 players, DVD players, stereo equipment and all general household electronics.
White goods such as refrigerators and washing machines will not be accepted. Gates will close at noon.
Residents with questions may call the office at 815-941-3228.