DeKALB – Just Make It Happen Productions has scheduled several professional performances in the DeKalb area. Residents are encouraged to enjoy the musical entertainment.
• June 6 – The DeKalb Brass Quintet, also known as the Kishwaukee Brass Quintet, will perform during the 9 a.m. service at First United Methodist Church in DeKalb. The group is celebrating its 20th anniversary. The appearance is being sponsored by an anonymous donor. The public service will conclude with “Amazing Grace.”
• June 13 – A Wing and A Prayer Dixieland Orchestra will play for the 26th annual Wayne Flag Day Celebration. A parade will kick off at 4 p.m., followed by a patriotic salute, ice cream social, and New Orleans music hits. The event is free and open to the public.
• June 24 – The Live Lunch Music Series at the DeKalb Farmers Market will feature DeKalb’s A Wing and A Prayer Dixieland Orchestra from noon to 1:30 p.m. in downtown DeKalb. The Mary E. Stevens Lecture and Concert Fund is providing partnership funds for this program.
• July 9-11 – John Smith and Shananigans Big Band will host JMIH’s 15th annual Let’s Dance Big Band Weekend in the Duke Ellington Ballroom at Northern Illinois University. The event includes three dance package deals, three bands, a shoe vendor, ballroom dance lessons, and a cabaret dance featuring the Shananigan Dance Combo. All levels of dancers are invited. Visit www.justmakeithappen-dekalb.com for information and registration. Advance event packages are due July 2. Door and balcony options are available 30 minutes prior to each dance.
• Aug. 5 – The DeKalb Brass Quintet will play from noon to 1:30 p.m. as part of the Live Lunch Music Series during the DeKalb Farmers Market. The program of family and popular classics will include “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” The Mary E. Stevens Concert and Lecture Fund is providing partnership funding for this program.
For more information, visit www.justmakeithappen-dekalb.com.