DeKALB – Music at the Mansion will return this summer for a six-date concert series on the lawn of the Ellwood House.
Each concert will provide the audience a different music genre of entertainment. The concerts begin at 7 p.m. and are free and open to the public.
The Music at The Mansion schedule follows:
• June 23, Salute to the Great Entertainers featuring the Rat Pack Tribute Show
• June 30, Salute to Country Music featuring Back Country Roads
• July 14, Salute to the ′60s, ′70s and ′80s featuring The Elderly Brothers
• July 21, Salute to Margaritaville featuring Mr. Myers Band
• July 28, Salute to Latin America featuring Salsa del Norte
• August 4, Salute to Big Band featuring Jazz in Progress
Before each show, there will be an opening act of local talent featuring a variety of entertainment, including a summer fashion show, Misspent Youth Strings, Appolo Strings Quartet, DeKalb Flute Ensemble and others to be announced. Opening acts start at 6:30 p.m.
New this year will be activities around the Ellwood House such as craft shows, classic car shows, and other events to be announced.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and other items to enjoy this outdoor event. A variety of beverages will be available to purchase from Fatty’s Pub & Grille in DeKalb.
Additional information regarding masks, health protocols and other city/state mandates will be posted via the media in early June.
Businesses, organizations, clubs and individuals are invited to sponsor a concert. Each sponsor will be listed on promotional literature. For sponsorship information, email Michael Embrey at FunMEevents@aol.com. Sponsorships are tax-deductible via the Ellwood House Association.
The Ellwood House is located at 509 N. First St. in DeKalb.