The 36th annual Montgomery Fest community celebration opens Friday, Aug. 13, and continue until Sunday, Aug. 15 along the banks of the Fox River in the village’s downtown.
In a news statement, village officials announced a “better than ever fest” in the wake of last year’s fest cancellation because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Featured events will include live entertainment, a carnival, food, beer tent, fishing derby, parade, car show, fireworks and more.
Free shuttle bus service will be provided to the fest Aug. 14 and 15 from two locations for easy access and parking: Lakewood Creek Elementary School, 2301 Lakewood Creek Drive; and the U-Haul Parking Lot, 1900 Douglas Road, near Douglas Road and Route 30. Shuttle buses will run about every half hour from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.. Limited parking for the fest is available on the street and in the Lyon Metal parking lot at 421 N. Main St., just west of the festival grounds.
The fest will feature a new layout, bringing the stage into the park so festgoers can enjoy the shade and views of the Fox River. Guests are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets for spreading out and social distancing.
The Fox Valley Park District and Oswegoland Park District will offer free fitness in the park the mornings of Aug. 14 and 15 for all ages and abilities.
On Aug. 14, the Montgomery & Countryside Fire Protection District will host Touch A Fire Truck on River Street for kids to come to see the trucks up close before the water fights. The BMX Bike Stunt Shows on Aug. 15 will amaze and thrill viewers of all ages. A full schedule of events is listed below and kept up to date on the village’s website, montgomeryil.org.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 13
• 5 to 10 p.m.: Beer Tent, Food Vendors, Carnival. $25 carnival wristbands good all evening.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: IPOP.
• 8 to 10 p.m.: Cowboy Jukebox.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 14
• 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.: Food vendors.
• 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.: Carnival - $25 carnival wristbands good from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Noon to 10 p.m.: Beer tent.
FUN FOR ALL AGES
• 10 to 10:45 a.m.: | Zumba in the Park with Fox Valley Park District.
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Petting zoo.
• 12:45 to 1:30 p.m.: Touch a Fire Truck with Montgomery & Countryside Fire Protection District.
• 1:30 to 3p.m.: Fire Department water fights.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: The Lennys.
• 1to 3 p.m.: Fletcher Rockwell.
• 3:30 to 5 p.m.: Industrial Drive.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: Evil BurritoMon.
• 8 to 10 p.m.: Semple.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 15
10A-9 p.m.: Food vendors.
11 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Carnival - $25 carnival wristbands good from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Noon to 9 p.m.: Beer tent.
FUN FOR ALL AGES
· 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Carp fishing derby.
· 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Car show at Austin Park.
· 10 to 10:30 a.m.: Boot Camp in the Park with Oswegoland Park District.
· 10:30 to 11 a.m.: Zumba in the Park with Oswegoland Park District.
· 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Petting zoo.
· Noon: Jimmy Jamz Kids Show in front of Village Hall.
· 1 p.m.: Parade step-off from Main and Madison streets.
· 3 and 5 p.m.: BMX bike stunt show in front of Village Hall.
· 9 p.m.: Fireworks.
· 2 to 4 p.m.: Lava Rock.
· 4:30 to 6:30p.m.: The Indigos.
· 7 to 9 p.m.: Hello Weekend.
All activities take place at Montgomery Park, at the corner of River and Mill streets unless otherwise noted. The beer tent is hosted by the Montgomery Foundation and located in Food Vendor Row along River Street between Mill and Taylor streets. ATMs will be on-site near the food vendors, in Village Hall and at the carnival.
The village of Montgomery would like to recognize and thank this year’s Montgomery Fest sponsors who make this community event possible, notably Diamond, Gold and Silver Sponsors Aurora University (Diamond Partner), Blain’s Farm & Fleet, Engineering Enterprises Inc., The Lakone Company, Montgomery Foundation, Ozinga Ready Mix Concrete, SecondSale Books, Aurora Township, Chiquita Food Market, Feeding Frenzy, Golden China Buffet, Gray’s Mill Estate, Massacre Haunt Inc., MetroNet, Mickey, Wilson, Weiler, Renzi, Lenert & Julien P.C., Orchard Road Animal Hospital, Performance Foodservice, State Farm Loreto Arzola, Walmart and Waubonsee College. Additionally, it would like to thank Fox Valley Park District for its continued support of the fest by providing the beautiful Montgomery & Austin Parks as the background.
For information or to find out how you can get involved at Montgomery Fest, visit montgomeryil.org.