DeKALB – The Egyptian Theatre in DeKalb has announced its fall season lineup.
Jeanine Holcomb, the theater’s marking and communications director, describes the upcoming fall season as “quite the array of shows.”
“We have Jesse McCartney, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Oak Ridge Boys, magic shows, family shows, rock music shows,” Holcomb said. “Anyone who likes live shows and live music can find something this fall at the Egyptian Theatre.”
Holcomb said that the theater is looking forward to hosting shows in-person for the first time since the pandemic began in March 2020.
“It’s been a very difficult year and a half, but we’re excited to have shows on our calendar again,” she said. “It almost feels like we’re back to normal, especially with the lineup we have. There’s a wide variety of different shows, movies and community events. That’s exactly what the Egyptian was made for: to see a tremendous touring show, a fantastic community event or even a family-favorite movie. We’re all about offering great entertainment right here in DeKalb.”
This will also be the Egyptian Theater’s first full fall season since its $6.5 million, 4,200-square-foot expansion and renovation project was completed Oct. 1, 2020.
“With our new expansion and concession stand, theater-goers can make going to see a show a night out,” Holcomb said. “We have free parking, there are restaurants in walking distance, there’s liquor in-house and great entertainment on the stage. Our goal is to make every part of your experience wonderful so that you have a great night out. We’re so excited to be able to offer that again after the pandemic and to see the community once again.”
For information about The Egyptian Theatre, visit www.egyptiantheatre.org. Tickets can be purchased at the Egyptian Theatre box office during box office hours, 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, online at www.egyptiantheatre.org or by calling the box office at 815-758-1225.
Upcoming Fall Season at the Egyptian Theatre:
• 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11 – Yellow Brick Road: A Tribute to Elton John
• Sept. 28 through Oct. 19 – Horror Film Series
• 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 8 – Sal Valentinetti
• 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 16 – The McCartney Years
• 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28 – The Rocky Horror Picture Show
• 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30 – The Oak Ridge Boys
• 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 5 – Think Floyd USA
• 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 6 – Roy Orbison & The Everly Brothers Reimagined
• 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 11 – Jesse McCartney
• 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12 – Recycled Percussion
• 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 13 – EagleMania
• 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10 – Lightwire Theatre
• Dec. 16 through Dec. 19 – Elf: The Musical