SYCAMORE – Applications open on Feb. 5 for a fourth round of grants from the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund.
Grants are available to nonprofit and public sector service providers that serve DeKalb County. For-profit organizations are not eligible to apply. Applications can be found online at www.dekalbccf.org and are due by 11:59 p.m. Feb. 26.
The COVID-19 Response Grant program was designed to support the rising needs in DeKalb County during the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding for the grant program is made possible by ongoing donations to the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund. Since April 2020, the fund has distributed more than $335,065 in assistance to organizations serving DeKalb County. Contributions to the fund can be made through the DeKalb County Community Foundation website, www.dekalbccf.org.
Seven organizations were awarded DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants during the final stretch of the third round. The third round of grant-making opened October 2020 and closed in January 2021 and awarded $112,245 to 25 organizations.
In the past month, the following grants were awarded:
- Children’s Home + Aid – $5,000 for Healthy Families Illinois and Doula programs
- Children’s Learning Center Inc. – $4,500 for outdoor protection while waiting to be screened
- CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocate – $5,000 to assist with effective advocacy for CASA children during COVID-19
- Equine Dreams – $2,500 to provide therapy horse care for free Therapeutic Riding Center
- Neighbors’ House – $4,000 to the Neighbors’ House COVID Response Fund
- Opportunity House Inc. – $20,000 for referral and retention
- Walcamp Outdoor Ministries – $5,000 for continuation of the remote e3-eLearning program
For information about COVID-19 Response Grants, call 815-748-5383.