1. Pop-in for fun with the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois – 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the DeKalb Public Library, 309 Oak St. in DeKalb
Discover Girl Scouts with games, activities and crafts for girls in kindergarten through fifth grades.
For information, visit dkpl.org.
2. Shop local during the fourth annual Vintage & Maker Mart – 2 to 6 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Blumen Gardens, 403 Edward St. in Sycamore
Shop from multiple local vendors. The entry fee is a $2 donation or canned goods. All proceeds benefit local food pantries.
For information, visit blumengardens.com.
3. Cheer for your high school basketball team during the First National Challenge: Sycamore Spartans vs. DeKalb Barbs – Friday at the Northern Illinois University Convocation Center in DeKalb. The girls varsity starts at 6 p.m., followed by the boys varsity at 8 p.m.
Tickets cost $8 each with free parking. Advance tickets can be purchased until 1 p.m. Friday at the DeKalb and Sycamore high school athletic offices and the DeKalb and Sycamore First National Bank branches. Tickets also can be purchased online at Ticketmaster with a $4 handling fee per order.
4. Rock out with TUSK: The World’s #1 Tribute to Fleetwood Mac – 8 p.m. Friday at The Egyptian Theatre, 135 N. Second St. in DeKalb
Tusk covers all the great hits of Fleetwood Mac, which has featured the talents of Mick Fleetwood, Christine and John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and others over the years.
Tickets start at $25 and can be purchased online at egyptiantheatre.org.
5. Grab some late night cookies during Insomnia Cookies’ Grand Opening PJ Party – 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday at Insomnia Cookies, 203 E. Lincoln Highway in DeKalb
As part of its grand opening, Insomnia Cookies will offer one free classic cookie for all in-store customers. Starting at 8 p.m., customers wearing pajamas will receive one free six-pack of classic cookies with any in-store purchase. There will also be a milk pong shot challenge and giveaways throughout the night.
For information about Insomnia Cookies’ event, read its social media post.
Would you like your event featured in this weekly feature? The first step is submitting your events to the Daily Chronicle’s community calendar at https://www.shawlocal.com/daily-chronicle/local-events/ where they are then considered for inclusion in this feature. Submissions to the community calendar are also printed in the Thursday edition of the Daily Chronicle.