Bureau County Republican

Jayce Eustice named Bureau County Republican news editor

Eustice worked as reporter at the NewsTribune

Jayce Eustice has been named to the position of news editor at the Bureau County Republican and Putnam County Record.

Eustice previously served as a news reporter for the NewsTribune in La Salle where he was responsible for reporting on the La Salle and Peru city beats.

Eustice grew up in Henry where he graduated from Henry-Senachwine High School in 2015 before continuing his education at Northern Illinois University. He graduated in 2019 with a bachelors degree in journalism.

While attending NIU, Eustice wrote for the Northern Star student newspaper covering the school’s track and field team as well as its Division 1 football program. He also served as the sports editor.

Eustice worked for the NewsTribune for a year and half where he was able to report on many important and breaking news items during his time.

From chasing down Wally the wallaroo to covering La Salle County’s first COVID-19 vaccine recipient as well as local elections, Eustice has been involved in a wide range of news stories in that time period.

Eustice also has broadcasted baseball games for the Illinois Valley Pistol Shrimp in Peru during the team inaugural season.

As a resident of La Salle, Eustice looks forward to tackling his newest task as news editor. He plans to help the Bureau County Republican and Putnam County Record continue to produce the accurate local news content that readers have come to expect.

“Since Jayce joined the NewsTribune team he’s been passionate about covering local news,” said Derek Barichello, regional news editor at the NewsTribune and The Times newspapers. “We’re excited to see him continue to excel as he takes on his new role at the Bureau County Republican and Putnam County Record.”

For news tips and any questions, Eustice can be reached via email at jeustice@shawmedia.com or by phone at 309-238-3333.