The second season of Downtown Batavia’s Boardwalk Shops is scheduled to open at 10 a.m. Friday, May 28, with 10 new retail businesses.
According to a news release from Batavia MainStreet, the Boardwalk Shops were built to attract and grow small business, create more retail shopping and bring people into downtown Batavia to enjoy the community.
The tiny, house-styled shops, located at 114 E. Wilson St. and Route 25, across from Oak & Swine, Wilson Street Tavern, Six + Cypress, and the Batavia Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings, will host a variety of businesses offering a unique retail experience.
2021 Boardwalk Shop Businesses:
· New Moon Vegan - hand-crafted vegan baked goods and provisions.
· Pretty Pages - home décor and gifts from up-cycled book pages and sheet music with other carefully curated literary-inspired gifts.
· Farmdog Flowers - micro flower farm specializing in sustainably grown, farm-fresh cut flowers, and bespoke floral design services.
· Wanderin’ Barefoot Farm - organic, free range and GMO- free locally grown farm stand items along with other farm-produced goods.
· Bumblebee Cottage Apothecary - plant-based body care and wellness products.
· MoJo Handbags ET.Cetera - handmade handbags and accessories including masks and pet supplies.
· CatTalpa Manor - rare and unusual houseplants mixed with original artwork and quirky vintage wares.
· EV Creative - a professional graphic design company bringing handmade and locally designed greeting cards, stationery, prints and other design products for your home and lifestyle.
· Black Angel Designs – handcrafted stone coasters and wood signs as well as T-shirts, home goods, and other items, all with an urban flair.
· Fox Valley Galleria of Wood - a collection of Fox Valley-based woodturners selling handmade wares.
“The day we’ve been waiting for is fast approaching, where we can finally open the doors of New Moon Vegan to the community,” owner Jo Colagiacomi said in the release. “I can’t wait to show everyone the love I’ve put into the shop, and to share how delicious plant-based baked goods can be!”
The Batavia Boardwalk Shops season is open Friday, May 28, through Sunday, Dec. 19, with all shops open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays, and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays.
In collaboration with host Batavia MainStreet, the Batavia Boardwalk Shops will have extended hours monthly until 8 p.m. during the Second Fridays promotion in Downtown Batavia.
“After the amazingly successful and supportive season that our Boardwalk Shops experienced last year, this year’s group is guaranteed to see great success,” Beth Walker, Batavia MainStreet executive director, said in the release. “We are so excited to kick off the shopping season on the Boardwalk, and hope to see everyone dedicated to the shop-local lifestyle down on the Boardwalk.”
For more information on the Batavia Boardwalk Shops and Batavia MainStreet, visit downtownbatavia.com and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.