Here’s a roundup of some of the fun things to do in McHenry County – from food trucks to farmers markets and rowing on Crystal Lake.
1. Ten downtown Crystal Lake boutiques have partnered for a Boutique Walk to benefit Turning Point, the area’s domestic violence resource.
As part of the event, shoppers will receive special offers and savings Friday and Saturday, June 4 and 5, according to a news release. Each boutique is selling tickets for the event, and all ticket proceeds will be donated to Turning Point. Ticket price is $20 on the days of the event.
The shops participating in Boutique Walk are located near Williams Street in downtown Crystal Lake and include: The Clothes Gallery, Ms. Bossy Boots, Heisler’s Bootery, Wear Did U Get That!, Mum’s, Out of the Box, Shay, Crown & Contour, Lizzy Lou Boutique and Lulu’s Wiggin’ Out.
2. The Huntley Farmers Market will feature a craft fair this Saturday. Other special upcoming events include an antique farm equipment display and performance by Andrew Huber on June 12, and Trash 2 Treasure Fair and knife sharpening on June 19.
The farmers market runs 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday at the Town Square and along Coral and Church streets.
3. The Woodstock Food Truck Festival with more than 20 food trucks will take over the historic Woodstock Square downtown.
The festivities kick off at 4 p.m. Saturday and run until 10 that evening. The event will feature live music as well as adult beverages. Attendees are encouraged to chairs and blankets as provided seating will be limited.
Information is available on the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page.
4. The Crystal Lake Rowing Club will hold an open house for National Learn to Row Day on June 5. Visitors can take a boathouse tour, receive a short lesson on how to use an indoor rowing machine and maybe even go on the lake with some of the club’s junior rowers.
The event is free and open to the public. Registration is not required for the event itself, but anyone looking to get on the water is encouraged to make a reservation at bit.ly/5Things_Learn2Row.
5. This Sunday marks the first Sunday that the Dole Mansion in Crystal Lake will host its new open-air farmers market.
The market will include live acoustic music, local artists, a variety of food trucks featuring brunch and lunch selections, and a bar offering brunch beverages and coffee drinks in addition to traditional farmers market offerings. It will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at The Dole, 401 Country Club Road in Crystal Lake.
For information, go to thedole.org.