The Holiday House Tour during Geneva’s annual Christmas Walk features five homes professionally decorated and available for self-directed tours from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, according to a news release.
The Geneva Chamber of Commerce hosts the tour, which features a diversity of homes enhanced by the creativity of local designers.
Houses on the tour are:
• The Farmhouse at 829 Cheever Ave., owned by Jim and Jessie Chakires, has luminaries lighting a path that leads to one of many entrances to the 5,000-square-foot home built in 2018. Heinz Brothers Greenhouse Garden Center did the decorating, with Little Red Barn Door contributing.
• Architectural Beauty at 1088 Dunstan Road, owned by Mary and Tracy Fricke, has towering trees that create a secluded garden for this 6,000-plus-square-foot home. Originally, it had a railroad trestle running through the property. Built in 2006, a touch of Tuscany can be found throughout its five bedrooms and seven bathrooms. Haven Interiors Studio and Platt Hill Nursery did the decorating.
• Custom Home at 528 Campbell St., owned by Sharon and Bob Higgins, defines the phrase “great curb appeal.” Built in 2015, it has brown paned windows and wooden beams that surround the covered porch. Haven Design Group and Plandscape did the decorating.
• Captivating Ranch at 1900 Kaneville Road, owned by Clem and Patty Martin, was built in 1954. The 3,100-square-foot home was fully renovated and redesigned in 2015. Geneva Design House by Strawflower did the decorating.
• Mid-Century Charmer at 1110 Union St. is owned by Bob and Barb Telfer, who restored it to its 1962 splendor with present-day conveniences. Gatherings by Design and Plandscape did the decorating.
Tickets cost $35 and include a holiday tea and special treat from 360° Flavor & Spice or The Olive Mill – while supplies last.
Proceeds go to decorate Geneva for the holiday season.
Tickets will not be for sale at the homes on the tour. Tickets are available at the Geneva Chamber of Commerce, 8 S. Third St., online at genevachamber.com or by calling 630-232-6060.
Tickets also are available at Heinz Brothers Greenhouse, 2010 E. Main St., St. Charles, 630-377-6288, and these Geneva stores:
• Cocoon, 212 S. Third St., 630-232-8340
• Country Naturals, 316 Campbell St., 630-232-1172
• Haven Interiors Studio, 15 S. Third St., 630-402-0444
• Little Barn Baby, 207 S. Third St., No. 110, 331-248-0568
• Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, 1308 Commons Drive, 630-208-1484
• SG Geneva/Scentimental Gardens, 428 W. State St., 630-232-1303
The Holiday House Tour coincides with Christmas Walk, which begins at 6 p.m. Dec. 3 on Third Street with the first candy cane of the season, Santa’s arrival, carolers and other holiday offerings.
The Geneva Chamber of Commerce presents the Christmas Walk, with support from the city of Geneva through street closures and police presence.
Information is available on the Chamber website at www.genevachamber.com.