As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
Forty-six more La Salle County residents tested positive for the novel coronavirus, 21 additional previous sufferers were removed from isolation, and a woman in her 90s died from complications related to COVID-19, the La Salle County Health Department reported early Thursday afternoon.
The number of known, active cases in the county rose to 562.
The running total of cases since the start of the pandemic with the 46 new cases – a boy younger than 13, three girls in their teens, a woman and three men in their 20s, three men and seven women in their 30s, five men and five women in their 40s, two men and four women in their 50s, one woman and three men in their 60s, three men in their 70s, two men and two women in their 80s, and one woman in her 90s – stands at 2,284.
The running total of individuals removed from isolation in the county increased to 1,660.
The death is the county's 62nd related to COVID-19.
There have been 37,906 tests taken by La Salle County residents, with 6.03% returning positive.
The Illinois Department of Public Health's ZIP code data (which sometimes lags behind county numbers) with changes since Wednesday's report includes:
• Peru had 15 additional cases, bringing its count to 218.
• Ottawa had 11 additional cases, bringing its count to 393.
• Mendota had five additional cases, bringing its count to 334.
• La Salle had four additional cases, bringing its count to 235.
• Streator had three additional cases, increasing its total to 455.
• Marseilles had three additional cases, bringing its count to 143.
• Sheridan had three additional cases, bringing its count to 83.
• Oglesby had two additional cases, bringing its count to 92.
• Somonauk, which also is in DeKalb County, had one additional case, bringing its count to 56.
• Utica had an additional case, bringing its count to 45.
• Wenona, which also is in Marshall County, had an additional case, bringing its count to 24.
• Millington, which also is in Kendall County, had an additional case, bringing its count to 13.
• Serena had an additional case, bringing its count to nine.
• Earlville remained at 35.
• Ransom remained at eight.
• Seneca remained at 44.
• Leland remained at 28.
• Grand Ridge remained at 26.
• Tonica remained at 17.
• Lostant remained at 13.
• Cedar Point remained at seven.
For more local news, visit News Tribune at https://www.newstrib.com.