Polling places at retirement homes have been relocated due to concerns about the coronavirus, or COVID-19, according to a news release from the Will County Clerk’s Office.
The following polling locations have been changed:
• Joshua Arms, Joliet Precinct 35 – moved to Nowell Park, 199 Mills Road, Joliet
• Willow Falls, Lockport Precinct 21 – moved to Crest Hill City Hall, 1610 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill
• St. James Wellness Center, Crete Precinct 06 – moved to Crete Fire Station 2, 25048 S. Klemme Road, Crete
• Village Woods, Crete Precinct 11 – moved to Crete Fire Station 1, 26730 S. Stoney Island, Crete
• Timbers of Shorewood, Troy Precinct 07 – moved to Troy Middle School, 5800 W. Theodore St., Plainfield
The clerk’s office on Thursday mailed letters to every registered voter in those precincts to notify them of the polling place change. The county clerk’s office will also place signs at the entrances of the original polling places directing voters to the new locations.
The new locations also will be posted on the county clerk's website at thewillcountyclerk.com.
The last day for early voting is Monday and Election Day is Tuesday.
These retirement homes contacted the county clerk’s office on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
Will County Clerk Lauren Staley Ferry "recognizes the concerns voiced by senior citizens who live together in close quarters. And she thanks voters for their understanding as the county clerk’s office relocates these polling places,” according to a release from her office.